It's been awhile since I've added anything here. What with moving and other things I just haven't had time to post too many things. So I'm just going to have to resign myself to the fact that I will only post when I have the time (which is rare these days).
Here's a recipe I want to try. We love corned beef and cabbage as well as a good stew so this should be a win-win for us.
- 1-1/12 pounds of corned beef
- 1/2 a head of cabbage
- 3 potatoes
- 4 carrots
- Fill a large pot about half-way with water and set it to boil.
- Cut the corned beef into bite size pieces. Keep in mind the corn beef will shrink a bit when it cooks. The size of bite is up to you.
- When the water is boiling carefully slid the chunks of corned beef into the boiling water. Leave to boil for 3-4 hours. Careful of boil over. Meat should be soft and tender to bite.
- While the meat cooks, cut the carrots and potatoes into chunks and set aside for now until the meat is 10-15 before ready, it should still be a little tough to bite, then slid in the carrots and potatoes.
- When meat is nearly ready, tear bits of the cabbage off and drop into the water. The cabbage will only need about 5 minutes to cook and add it’s flavor to the broth. Add the pepper now if you are using it. Serve.