Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sloppy Joe Spaghetti

I posted a recipe some time ago for my  Sloppy Joe Pizza , so imagine my surprise when I found another recipe that combined two of my favourite foods. Pasta and sloppy joes. This is really good especially if you sprinkle a little grated parmesan cheese on your plateful.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 Lb. spaghetti (uncooked)

  • 1 Lb. lean ground beef

  • 1 - 15 Oz. can sloppy joe mix

  • 1/2 Green bell pepper (diced)

  • 1/2 Onion (chopped)

  • 1/2 Cup dried bread crumbs

  • 1/4 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking then drain.

In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat. Cook until no longer pink and drain. Add sloppy joe mix and simmer on low.

Add green bell pepper and onion and mix well. Remove from heat and immediately mix in bread crumbs and cheese.

Add sauce to pasta; serve immediately.

No comments:

 
Site Meter