Friday, November 6, 2009

Corned Beef and Cabbage

One of the meals I like (as does my wife) is a good feed of corned beef and cabbage. Usually I just boil the cabbage and do the corned beef in the oven. It wasn't until I found this recipe some time ago that I realized what I had been missing in the flavour department. This is a great taste treat.

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 Medium onions (sliced)

  • 2 1/2 to 3 Lbs. corned beef brisket

  • 1 Cup apple juice

  • 1/4 Cup brown sugar

  • 2 Tsp. orange zest (finely shredded)

  • 2 Tsp. prepared mustard

  • 6 Whole cloves

  • 1 Small to medium sized head of cabbage (peeled, cut into wedges and cored)

Place onions in crock pot. Trim fat from brisket and if necessary, cut meat to fit into crock pot. Place meat on top of onions.

In a bowl, combine apple juice, sugar, orange zest, mustard, and cloves and blend well. Pour over brisket. Place cabbage on top of meat, cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours (high 5 to 6 hours).

No comments:

 
Site Meter