Monday, November 9, 2009

Crock Pot Cabbage Rolls

My wife makes excellent cabbage rolls in the oven and as I like to be competitive some times, I thought I would give her a run for the money with this recipe. It is a good meal when finished but I think I'll stick to my wife's version. She can cook while I watch.

INGREDIENTS

  • 12 Large cabbage leaves

  • 1 lb. lean ground beef or lamb

  • 1/2 Cup cooked rice

  • 1 Can tomato paste (6 oz.)

  • 3/4 Cup tomato juice or V8

  • 1/4 Cup water

  • 1/2 Tsp. salt

  • 1/8 Tsp. pepper

Wash cabbage leaves. Boil 4 cups water. Turn off heat. Soak leaves in water for 5 minutes. Remove, drain and cool. Combine ground meat, rice, salt, and pepper. Place 2 tablespoons meat mixture on each leaf and roll firmly. Stack in crock pot. Combine tomato paste, tomato juice, and water and pour over stuffed cabbage. Cover. Cook on low setting for 8 - 10 hours.

No comments:

 
Site Meter