Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Crack

Last year about this same time, I was looking for something different in the way of candy when I ran across this recipe. I'll admit the name threw me off at first but once I made it and a few people tried it, I was getting requests for me to make it or give out the recipe. This is a great treat but you have to follow the recipe "exactly".

INGREDIENTS

  • 40 Saltine crackers

  • 1 Cup butter (margarine will not work in this recipe. it "must" be butter)

  • 1 Cup light brown sugar (you must use light not dark brown sugar)

  • 12 Oz. chocolate chips

  • 1 Cup nuts (chopped [I use shelled sunflower seeds but you can use what you prefer or none at all])

Line up the saltines on a jelly roll pan that has been lined with foil that makes a bigger rim then the pan. There should be 5 rows of 8.

Melt butter and add light brown sugar. Stir often and bring to a full rolling boil for "exactly" 3 minutes.

Pour over the saltines and bake in a 400 oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and wait until they are almost melted. Spread over all the saltines. Drop the nuts over top as evenly as possible. Refrigerate for two hours and then break up into pieces.

No comments:

 
Site Meter